Dr. Andrew R. Anderson, O.D. joined Michiana Eye Center in 2013. He is Board Certified in the treatment and management of ocular disease and focuses on primary eye care, pre & post-operative patient care, and contact lenses with an affinity for glaucoma management, diabetic eye disease, and pediatrics.
2006 – Doctor of Optometry,
Indiana University School of Optometry – Bloomington, IN
1996 – Bachelor of Science Degree, Cum laude
Wabash College – Crawfordsville, IN
- Kalamazoo Optometry, Kalamazoo, MI – Primary eye care, pediatrics, and vision therapy.
- Grand Rapids VA community clinic, Grand Rapids, MI – Primary eye care and disease management for our veterans.
- Eye Specialists of Indiana, Indianapolis, IN – Pre and Post-surgical eye care.
- Perry Point VAMC, Perry Point, MD – Primary eye care and disease management for our veterans.
- Atwater Optometry Clinic, Bloomington, IN – Primary eye care
- Indianapolis Eye Care Clinic, Indianapolis, IN – Primary eye care
- Community Eye Care Center, Bloomington, IN – Disease management
- American Optometric Association
- Indiana Optometric Association
- Michigan Optometric Association
- Norman E. Treves Science Award – Outstanding Junior Student
- Wabash College Fine Arts Scholarship – Music
- Wabash College President’s Scholarship
- Masonic Scholarship
- Eagle Scout
Dr. Anderson has published peer reviewed articles in Journals such as Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, The Journal of Arthroplasty, and Athletic Therapy Today.
Dr. Anderson co-authored a presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology and a nationally funded presentation on Diabetic Eye Disease. He has lectured at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA, and more recently at the Eye Specialist of Indiana Continuing Education Seminar in Carmel, IN in 2011. Also, he has served as Adjunct Clinical Faculty for The Indiana University School of Optometry.