Guidelines to follow for before and after cataract surgery
- The preparation for surgery starts about a week ahead of time with washing your eyelid area twice a day
- Make sure to start your eye drops three days before the surgery.
- After surgery, you will go home and take it easy for the rest of the day. The next day you can return to normal activities.
- The doctor needs to see you one day, and one week after your surgery.
- For two weeks after the surgery you will want to avoid any heavy lifting, bending over, and exercise.
- About 3-4 weeks after surgery your eye will be healed and ready for a new glasses prescription.