We are looking for a friendly face to add to our team of Opticians! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. Opticians serve an important role in assisting our patients in selecting eyewear that meets their lifestyle and medical needs. They also play a pivotal role in providing each patient with a unique and personal experience as they shop. As an optician, you will be responsible for guiding patients through their eyewear selection, providing eye frame and lens recommendations to address lifestyle needs, managing patient information and insurance benefits as available in electronic medical records, and ensuring that patients receive compassionate and caring customer service.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong customer service skills. A basic literacy in navigating computer programs, with a special emphasis on electronic medical records is also highly recommended.
- Greet patients and guide them through the optical shop
- Familiarity with eyeglass lens options/treatments, eyeglasses brands, and frame manufacturers
- Navigate electronic medical records by inputting patient eyeglasses order information
- Utilize online communication services (DemandForce) for messaging patients regarding order statuses
- Processing transactions and balancing patient charges
- Assist in adjusting and fitting patient frames
- High School Diploma
- Computer literacy