We are looking for a friendly face to add to our optical team! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. As an Optical Receptionist, you will play an essential role in our optical shops, providing excellent customer service in a fashion-based environment. Your responsibilities will include answering phones, performing eye wear adjustments, dispensing of optical orders, and inventory administration. This position is an excellent entry-level opportunity for those wishing to create a career path towards becoming an Optician.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong customer service and communication skills. A basic literacy in navigating computer programs is also strongly encouraged.
- Greet patients and assist with current optical orders
- Provide adjustments and fittings of eye wear
- Dispense optical orders and process patient charges and payments
- Answer phone calls
- Utilize online communication services for messaging patients regarding order statuses
- Receive and process incoming optical inventory
- Travel between locations as needed
- Full time employment
- High School Diploma