We are looking for a friendly face to add to our Plymouth team of ophthalmic technicians! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. Ophthalmic Technicians work directly with patients to assist our physicians during refractions, diagnostic testing, and the transmission of medical records to referring physicians. As an ophthalmic technician, you will be responsible for the documentation of clear and concise medical information into patient charts, listening to and addressing patient concerns, and ensuring that patients receive compassionate and caring service during their appointment.
Experience in a prior ophthalmic technician position or comparable is encouraged. Familiarization in navigating electronic medical records is also preferred.
Ophthalmic Technician Responsibilities:
- Patient evaluations including the documentation of patient histories, ocular examination, applanation, tonometry, refractometry, and other diagnostic testing as needed
- Prepare exam room by cleaning instruments and maintaining inventory of medications and supplies
- Emergency triaging
- Submitting orders for contact lenses
- Scribing for physicians
Ophthalmic Technician Requirements:
- Proficiency in electronic health records (EHR) or medical charts
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ophthalmic Technician experience (preferred, not required