We are looking for a friendly face to add to our Elkhart team of ophthalmic technicians! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. Ophthalmic Technicians work directly with patients to assist our physicians during their medical visit.
As an ophthalmic technician, you will be responsible for listening to, documenting and addressing patient concerns, while ensuring that patients receive compassionate service during their appointment.
Experience in a prior ophthalmic technician position preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
Ophthalmic Technician Responsibilities:
- Patient evaluations including the documentation of patient histories, ocular examination, applanation, tonometry, refractometry, and other diagnostic testing as needed
- Preparation of exam room, cleaning instruments and maintaining inventory of medications and supplies
- Emergency triaging
- Scribing for physicians
Ophthalmic Technician Requirements:
- Proficiency in electronic medical records (EMR) preferred, not required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ophthalmic/Medical Technician experience preferred, not required
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org