We are looking for a friendly face to add to our team of medical receptionists at our Goshen location! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. Medical receptionists serve an important role in making our patients feel welcome, and providing them with uncompromising care from the moment they enter our offices. As a medical receptionist, you will be responsible for answering phone calls, scheduling patient appointments, managing patient information, and ensuring that patients receive compassionate and caring customer service.
To be successful in this role, you will need basic literacy in navigating computer programs, with a special emphasis on electronic medical records. Adaptability and a willingness to learn in a dynamic environment are also desirable skills for this role.
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Schedule, reschedule, and cancel patient appointments
- Manage phone calls by assisting patients or transferring calls to other departments
- Navigate electronic medical records by inputting patient information, communicating with other medical staff, and recording patient diagnosis codes.
- Utilize online scheduling services and communications (DemandForce, Patient Portal)
- Processing transactions and balancing patient charges
- Assist in managing insurance and billing information
Medical Receptionist Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Computer literacy
- Occasional travel to other Michiana Eye Center locations
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org