We are looking for a friendly face to add to our billing department! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. As a medical billing assistant, you will serve an important role in facilitating payments, submitting insurance claims and evaluating patient statements. You will also be responsible for answering patient phone calls to our billing department and ensuring that billing questions are resolved through effective communication.
To be successful in this role, you will need basic literacy in navigating computer programs, with a special emphasis on electronic medical records and insurance processing. A detail-oriented personality and a willingness to work independently on multiple tasks are also desirable skills for this role.
Medical Billing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage patient phone calls to the billing department and assist with any questions or concerns
- Navigate electronic medical records
- Access insurance information and submission of insurance claims
- Facilitate insurance payments and authorizations
- Organize and submit collections activities for delinquent accounts
Medical Billing Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Computer literacy
- Billing experience (preferred, not required)
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.