Michiana Eye Center is looking for a friendly face to add as our Contact Lens Technician for our Mishawaka office! Michiana Eye Center is a five-location ophthalmology and optometry practice with a commitment to the preservation and restoration of vision, and the prevention of blindness. We are looking for someone who is dedicated, self-motivated, organized, and who has experience working with contact lenses.
To be successful in this role, you will need basic literacy in navigating computer programs, with a special emphasis on electronic medical records. Adaptability and a willingness to learn in a dynamic environment are also desirable skills for this role.
Contact Lens Technician Responsibilities:
- Ordering and receiving contact lens orders
- Instructing new patients on insertion, removal, and care of contact lenses
- Answering patient questions and concerns regarding their contact lenses and/or contact lens prescription
- Keeping the contact lens room clean, organized, and stocked
Contact Lens Technician Requirements:
- Proficiency in electronic health records (EHR) or medical charts (preferred, not required)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with contact lenses
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.